Class begins with stretching and exercise, followed by learning proper techniques, sparring practice, and wrestling skills. Different games are carefully designed to encourage skill development without monotony.
Sensei Fred Channel, a master karate instructor for over 25 years, introduces students and furth masters their skills in Uechi-Ryu Karate. Uechi-Ryu Karate aims to develop one's greatest potential while exerting the utmost degree of control over emotions while promoting positive pursuits and mental attitudes.
Classes are available at the following levels:
Tiger Tots (Ages 4-6)
Beginner and Yellow Belts (6+)
Intermediate (For students that have earned their yellow belt)
Advanced (16+ or by invitation of instructor)
8 and 10 week sessions running from September through June
4 week Summer sessions in July and August
- Participants must register online prior to each new session start date.
- You may join a session in progress at a cost of $15 for each remaining class. There are no drop ins allowed.
- Black Belt Club - Students registered in one class can enroll in a second class per week at 50% discount. Contact the office by email at email@example.com and we will register student in second class at discounted rate.
- Students who have not completed the registration process will not be allowed to attend class.
- A gi, (karate robe), is not required for class, however, Sensei will have gis available for sale at class.