Hingham Recreation Department
Skip to nav
General Refund / Cancellation Information:
The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any program/class due to insufficient enrollment or to substitute teachers without participant notification. Cancellation requests must be received at least 1 week prior to the start date; otherwise no refund will be provided unless written medical verification is presented. No refunds will be given if you choose not to attend any classes that you are enrolled in
- Participant cancellations due to a serious illness or injury: Prorated refunds for injury or serious illness are given if written medical verification from your physician is received prior to the end of the program. This refund will be pro-rated to the number of classes left in the program after our office receives the verification. No refund will be given if we receive the written medical verification after the end of the program.
- Participant cancellation requests for other reasons: All cancellations and refund requests must be in writing and are subject to a 94% refund. (The Rec loses 6% with credit card and software fees)
- For Summer Program (Pre-school, Playground, Teen Xtreme, and Sports Experience at the SSCC): Requests for refunds will be considered from March 17th, 2021 through April 30, 2021. During this initial refund period, customers may receive up to a 94% refund. This refund rate is typical of all recreation programs and reflects the 6% processing fee associated with all transactions performed through our Activenet software. Requests must be received prior to the April 30th.
- After April 30th, Refunds will not be issued. Staffing, buses, tickets and other considerations are based on registration numbers. Please consider personal vacations prior to registering.
- Department cancellations: If the Department cancels a program due to insufficient enrollment, a full refund will be provided.
- Weather cancellations: If a class is cancelled due to the weather, a make-up class will typically be scheduled to honor the original number of meetings. If a make-up is not possible, a refund will be processed at the end of the program for the cancelled class.