News: Registration Policies
Every Hingham Recreation participant / registrant must sign a “Consent Form and Release From Liability and Indemnity Agreement” prior to participating in any program or event. Also, an updated waiver form must be on file for each participant. Any participant who fails to sign the updated waiver will no longer be eligible to participate in Hingham Recreation programs. This waiver pertains to all Hingham Recreation program offerings including but not limited to Fitness Classes, Child Care, Mommy’s Morning Out, The Strider’s Fitness Room and all pre-registration and drop-in programs.
Ways to Register:
Registration is based on a first come first serve basis
- Online at Hinghamrec.com
- In person at the Hingham Recreation Center – 210 Central Street
- Over the phone through the Hingham Recreation Center-781-741-1464
- Classes and programs are based on meeting a minimum enrollment. If this is not met, classes will be subject to cancellation. For this reason, customers are encouraged to register early.
Instructions for Online Registration
- Special accommodations: Contact our administrative team to discuss any needs
- Access ActiveNet and select the “Registration” link.
- Select “Sign In” or “Create an Account.”
- If creating a new family account, complete all necessary information. All boxes marked with an asterisk are required. Select “Submit” or enter other family members into system at this time.
- Upon logging in you will be directed to your “Account Options” page where you can select from a variety of items.
- Select “Register for Activities” next. Use the search criteria to locate the program you want to register for.
- Choose the program you desire. Make sure you select the correct session
- Review class information, scroll down, and select “Add to cart”
- Choose the participant who is registering for the class. Then select “Next”.
- Answer all Activity Questions and select “Next”.
- Double check you are registering for the right class and use “Proceed to Shopping Cart” to checkout.
- Review items in your shopping cart and select “Proceed to Checkout”.
- Review all waivers, place initials in box, check acknowledge box, and select “Next”.
- Please note any medical issues under the section titled “medical notes”
- Choose your card type, enter credit card number, the security code on back of card, select the expiration date and select “Pay and Finish”.
- Print receipt for your records or view previous transaction and class schedule from the “Account Options” page.
Weather Cancellations and Postponements
If we have a program cancellation due to weather we will post the announcement on our website and facebook page.
Hingham Recreation Youth Program Weather Closures:
Hingham Recreation Adult / Fitness Room Closures:
- If Hingham Public Schools calls a weather closure for the day; recreation programs are cancelled for the day and evening.
- If Hingham Public Schools calls an early dismissal; recreation programs will not run after the dismissal time.
- If Hingham Public Schools calls a delayed opening; recreation programs before the opening time will be cancelled.
- If Hingham Town Hall calls a weather closure for the day; recreation programs are cancelled for the day and evening.
- If Hingham Town Hall calls an early dismissal; recreation programs will not run after the dismissal time.
- If Hingham Town Hall or the Hingham Recreation Department calls a delayed opening; recreation programs before the opening time will be cancelled